The Cord and the Coins is my take con Troy Houser’s modern classic “Charming Chinese Challenge”. It takes as the point of departure Lance Pierce’s beautiful take on this routine, “Recharmed I’m sure”. This minimalistic routine dispenses with all effects except the three penetrations, in the spirit of the all-time classic “Coins through the silk” and it was design with the idea of streamlining further the handling.
This a professional handling best suited for real close up and table-hoping performance with virtually not angles for that kind of environment.
One of the challenges while developing the routine was coming up with a last penetration strong enough to close the routine there. All the moves are explained with great detail from the front and the back to simplify the understanding of the mechanics involved.
Three Chinese coins (with a hole in the center) are examined by the audience and threaded on a red cord which also has been examined. One by one the coins penetrate the cord like it’s made of butter, at the end the coins are released, and the cord remains intact.
Now you can study thoroughly and dive into it with the complete course I carefully put together. Total running time is 25 minutes in 10 chapters.
If you are interested, please read below to see what exactly you receive if you buy this product
Explanation running time 25 min approx.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- This is a virtual product, not a physical product. You are buying access to the course through this platform anytime from any device. This is not a downloadable product.
- When buying this product you are also getting performance rights to perform this routine in your theater, private or corporate shows. Performance rights for performance on TV or any digital platform such as YouTube or Instagram are not included.
- With this product you are also granted access to a comment section that I will moderate where you can ask questions about this routine and share your experience with others.
- The course consists of 10 chapters with a total running time of 25 min approximately.
The sleights required to do this routine were designed and structured in such a way that the deception is strong and the performance is smooth and comfortable. However, the routine is technically demanding, specially the last penetration. It is my understanding that everyone with dedication and discipline can learn the moves and execute the routine, but it cannot be considered that anyone can learn this in 5 minutes and then perform it, not by a long shot.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 01 PERFORMANCE 1,5 min
- 02 INTRODUCTION 1 min
- 03 STREAMLINING 2 min
- 04 PRESENTING THE SET 1,5 min
- 05 EXPLANATION 15 min
- 06 1ST AND 2ND PENETRATION IN DETAIL 2 min
- 07 LAST PENETRATION IN DETAIL 2 min
- 08 OVERSHOULDER PERFORMANCE 1 min
- 09 FINAL COMMENTS 1,5 min
- 10 CREDITS & PERFORMANCE RIGHTS 1 min
This video was shooted at ElChopCup Magic Studio
“Pipo’s handling of this now classic effect is the essence of true magic. Give this the time it deserves and your audience will be greatly rewarded“ Doc Docherty